Order this title from amazon.co.uk
Sunset Song regularly appears in lists of favourite Scottish books, and is perhaps the iconic Scottish novel of the first half of the 20th century. Rich in character and detail, and filled with religious, historical and political themes, Sunset Song is a deep, powerful work which rewards close attention and study.
Douglas Young’s Scotnote provides readers with an authoritative analysis of the novel, and an overview of the political and historical background to its creation. This is an ideal guide for school pupils and students studying Sunset Song.
- The author and his background
- His other books
- Sunset Song: themes and characters
- Sunset Song: structure and style
- Prelude: the unfurrowed field
- Epilude: the unfurrowed field
- Cloud Howe and Grey Granite
Last updated 19 October 2010.